In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, our very special guest is Candace Spears. Candace is an author and entrepreneur, and she shares her perspective on why putting everyone else first has immeasurable opportunity cost – financially, emotionally and socially, and why black women are so often in a place where this is necessary and what we can do to change that. In this episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast we discussed the billion-dollar cost of misalignment (and why Black women pay it).
Life-changing moments such as the elimination of her then Fortune 500 marketing operations job, sparked her to look closer and reset her perspective on her identity, and what she had to offer. Taking a new outlook into the next job, led her to author the book Bring Your Crayon’s to the Office, published while employed at the company that inspired her to write it, and publicly embraced by that company’s (MGIC Corporation), then CIO, CTO, and Claim’s division VP.
The life-altering confidence combined with the proven ability to scale changing careers enabled her to teach and coach the Agile mindset and Silicon Valley rooted Lean Startup principles to 600 plus professionals across three multi-billion-dollar companies, including GE. Helping them rethink the work they do, and their approach, to deliver value faster. Candace is currently the host of Ambition, Honey & Hustle, a daily podcast focused on helping ambitious professionals avoid the slow-moving career and get paid for two things: 1. Doing what excites them and 2. Making an impact bigger than anyone thought was possible. As a full-time serial entrepreneur in addition to life and business coaching under her personal brand, she also owns two businesses in the real estate space: Floor23 Digital and Milorah Property Group. Tune in to listen in to this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth Podcast with special guest, Candace Spears.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
• Candace’s amazing journey, and leaving the Corporate World to pursue business full-time.
• The billion-dollar cost of misalignment (and why Black women pay it), plus strategies to reduce the misalignment (on a personal level).
• Candace's experience as a full-time employee, and the lessons we can all use in the workplace after COVID, especially for Black and minority women.
• Candace’s thoughts on thriving through a global pandemic, and how Black women can thrive in the workplace or business.
• Candace's personal financial identity (based on Keisha Blair's Personal Financial Identity Framework and Quiz, and how it affects her everyday finances and money decisions.
• Learn some tips and strategies to deal with your personal finances.
Listen to the Full Episode:
TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | STITCHER
Featured on the Show:
- Pre-order Keisha Blairs new book, Holistic Wealth:36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom.
- Visit www.keishablair.com and subscribe. Also check out our FREE financial identity quiz and online courses at the Institute on Holistic Wealth. Check out our signature program, and become a Certified Holistic WealthTM Consultant and help people build a life of Holistic Wealth.
- . Check out our signature program, and become a Certified Holistic Wealth Consultant and help people build a life of Holistic Wealth.
- Order my award-winning, bestselling book Holistic Wealth: 32 Life Lessons To Help You Find Purpose, Prosperity and Happiness, and the Holistic Wealth Personal Workbook.
Enjoying the Holistic Wealth Podcast with Keisha Blair?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a Review in Apple Podcasts!
Love the show? Make a monthly or one donation at PayPal
Podcast: Play in new window | Download