In this exciting episode, our very special guest is the amazing Jesse Draper. Jesse Draper is a founding partner of Halogen Ventures and focused on early stage investing in consumer technology companies led by female and co-ed teams. In this episode we discussed investing in women and the $3 Trillion business opportunity, that investing in women represents. Jesse Draper is a 4th generation venture capitalist as well as the creator and host of Emmy nominated television series, The Valley Girl Show. She is a fierce advocate for investing in women and the opportunity for using technology and innovation to solve some of the biggest issues facing women and families today. Among her 70+ portfolio companies, are the Skimm, Babylist, ThirdLove, HopSkipDrive, The Flex Company, Squad (acquired by Twitter), Eloquii (sold to Walmart) and This is L (sold to P&G).
Selected as one of the top 10 early-stage female investors by Business Insider, Draper was also listed by Marie Claire magazine as one of the ‘50 Most Connected Women in America’, nominated by the NRF as a DealMakeHers, Variety’s Holly’s New Leaders, and Refinery29 30 Rising Stars.” Draper has been a contributor to Marie Claire, Forbes, and is a regular investor and tech personality showcased on Cheddar, CNBC, CNN. Following Jesse’s viral Medium piece, Investing in Women Isn’t a Charity, she’s become a leading voice of women in technology.
Jesse proudly sits on the board of directors of Trust & Will, Carbon38, Preemadonna (creator of the Nailbot) and the non-profit board Bizworld and Project Glimmer. Draper supports the Parkinson’s Institute and is very involved with growing UCLA’s female entrepreneurship community.
We discussed the importance of entrepreneurs knowing their personal financial identities, based on the Personal Financial Identities Quiz. Listen in to this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth Podcast with special guest, Jesse Draper.
Resources Used In This Episode:
Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom.
The Personal Financial Identities Framework & Quiz by Keisha Blair.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
• Jesse’s amazing journey from actress & Star of the Emmy nominated TV Series, The Valley Girl TV Show to venture capitalist and how she amassed a portfolio of 70+ companies and growing.
• Jesse’s viral article and how investing in women represents a $3 trillion dollar business opportunity.
• Jesse’s thoughts on female entrepreneurs, especially women of color, the barriers they face and how they can overcome these barriers to secure funding.
• Learn how entrepreneurs can secure more venture capital, balance growth and profitability, and scale their businesses.
• Learn how female entrepreneurs can gain the trust of venture capitalists, especially women of color who are routinely overlooked for venture capital funding.
• Learn some tips and strategies to deal with your personal finances, and why its important for entrepreneurs to know their personal financial identities.
• Jesse’s personal financial identity (based on Keisha Blair’s Personal Financial Identities Framework).
Listen to the Full Episode:
TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | STITCHER
View PODCAST TRANSCRIPT here
Featured on the Show:
Check out Jesse’s website at: www.halogenventures.com
- Pre-order Keisha Blairs new book, Holistic Wealth:36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom.
- Visit www.keishablair.com and subscribe. Also check out our FREE financial identity quiz and online courses at the Institute on Holistic Wealth. Check out our signature program, and become a Certified Holistic WealthTM Consultant and help people build a life of Holistic Wealth.
- . Check out our signature program, and become a Certified Holistic Wealth Consultant and help people build a life of Holistic Wealth.
- Order my award-winning, bestselling book Holistic Wealth: 32 Life Lessons To Help You Find Purpose, Prosperity and Happiness, and the Holistic Wealth Personal Workbook.
Enjoying the Holistic Wealth Podcast with Keisha Blair?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a Review in Apple Podcasts!
Love the show? Make a monthly or one donation at PayPal
Podcast: Play in new window | Download