In this exciting episode, our very special guest is the New York Times bestselling author of FairPlay and Founder of Fair Play Life, Eve Rodsky. Eve Rodsky received her BA from the University of Michigan and her JD from Harvard Law School. After working in foundation management at J.P. Morgan, she founded the Philanthropy Advisory Group to advise families and charitable foundations on best practices. In her work with hundreds of families over a decade, she realized that her expertise in family mediation, strategy, and organizational management could be applied to a problem closer to home—a system for couples seeking balance, efficiency, and peace in their lives. Rodsky was raised by a single mother in New York City and now lives in Los Angeles with her husband and their three children. Fair Play, her first book was a Reese Whitherspoon Book Club pick and her second book, Find Your Unicorn Space will be released in December 2021.
In this episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, we discuss women transitioning back to the office during COVID-19, flexible work policies, and women’s economic security. As Eve stated on the podcast: “society has been built on the backs of the unpaid labour of women and the unpaid and undervalued labour of women of colour and that’s no longer sustainable”. Hear Eve’s thoughts on white feminism. In Eve’s words: it’s “incumbent on white presenting women that we understand what “care feminism” is – that we are not this boss feminism, this individualistic feminism, that notion has to be burned and we have to come back to the table to recognize everybody’s lived experience and to fight for other people’s lived experiences”.
Listen in to this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth Podcast with Keisha Blair with special guest Eve Rodsky.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
• Eve’s amazing journey as a NY Times bestselling author and keynote speaker.
• Eve’s thoughts on how we conflate flexibility with where we work. So the debates become about equating flexibility with work from home, but work from home has nothing to do with flexibility.
• Eve’s thoughts on true flexibility at work – and how working parents can be allowed to “parent out loud” without a penalty – especially for women in the workplace.
• Eve’s thoughts on white feminism: its “incumbent on white presenting women that we, understand what “care feminism” is that we are not, this boss feminism, this individualistic feminism, that notion has to be burned and we have to come back to the table to recognize everybody's lived experience, and to fight for other people's lived experiences”.
• Learn some tips and strategies to help those navigating the return to the workplace.
• Eve’s Personal Financial Identity (based on Keisha Blair’s Personal Financial Identities Framework).
Listen to the Full Episode:
TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | STITCHER
Featured on the Show:
- Visit www.keishablair.com and subscribe. Also check out our FREE financial identity quiz and online courses at the Institute on Holistic Wealth. Check out our signature program, and become a Certified Holistic WealthTM Consultant and help people build a life of Holistic Wealth.
- Order my award-winning, bestselling book Holistic Wealth: 32 Life Lessons To Help You Find Purpose, Prosperity and Happiness, and the Holistic Wealth Personal Workbook.
Enjoying the Holistic Wealth Podcast with Keisha Blair?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a Review in Apple Podcasts!
Love the show? Make a monthly or one donation at PayPal
Podcast: Play in new window | Download